Today I’m going to share 4 ways to get book for cheap, and sometimes even free!
1. First up is the library! I know, I know it seems obvious, but just give me a second to explain more. Once you’ve signed up at your local library talk to the librarian about what they offer. Most libraries offer ebooks and audiobooks through an app like overdrive. You log on with your library card info and you can reserve books to read on your kindle or listen to an audiobook through the app. If the book you’re wanting is available that way you can always log into your library’s website and place a hold on the book you’re wanting so that when it is available they’ll let you know. It’s a great way to read for free!
2. Secondhand books! I like to go to Mr. K’s in Johnson City, TN. I also recently found out there’s a secondhand book store in Columbia, SC that I can’t wait to check out. You can also find secondhand books on www.thriftbooks.com the books are cheaper than when bought new, and if you find a store close to you they usually buy your books you no longer want and will give you store credit or cash!
3. BookBub! So this is a website where you take a short survey, and put in your email address. Once you’re signed up they send you daily deals on books they think you’ll like! Some are even free!
4. Kindle Unlimited. This is a monthly subscription for ebooks. I like to think of it as Netflix for your kindle! Amazon normally gives you a free trial for a month to test the waters, and then after that it’s $9.99 a month. I was able to read all the Harry Potter books on here! Plus they are always adding new books, and some books are even available for audiobooks.
Also if you have Amazon Prime they offer First Reads which is where you pick one book of their selection for free! Every month! I like to wait till the end of the moth to check some of the reviews so I know which one I’ll like best.
If you don’t own a Kindle you’re able to download the app on your phone or tablet and read books that way!
Hope this helps! If you have any tips leave them below!
Today is mine and Erik’s 5 year wedding Anniversary! ❤️ I truly can’t believe we’ve been married for 5 years! For the occasion I’m sharing how Erik proposed, some wedding photos, and some of our wedding details.
How Erik proposed…
So we were currently living together, and Parker was around 6 years old. He made the mistake of taking Parker with him to pick up my ring. As most parents know kids aren’t that great at keeping secrets. So a few days later we were laying around watching TV and Parker says “Hey Dad, when are you gonna give Mommy that ring?” Erik immediately turns red, and starts trying to play it down. So I start bugging him asking what Parker’s talking about. lol So he goes to his dresser, and gets the ring out to ask me to marry him. I think it’s a funny quirky story. It was the perfect proposal for us.
We got married at Bays Mountain Park. If you’re from Kingsport, TN then you already know where I’m talking about!
*funny picture of Parker being grossed out by us kissing
We actually chose Bays Mountain Park because Erik’s parents were married there. This bench has a plaque with their names on it.
We didn’t have a big ceremony. It was only close family, and a handful of friends.
Our reception was held at Erik’s parents house. My mother in law catered a pasta bar, and made our cake! She was amazing and put it all together for us!
Here’s a picture of the beautiful cake she made!
So we didn’t have a big fancy wedding, and we sure didn’t spend a fortune! But I wouldn’t have it ANY other way! We got to celebrate our love with friends & family, and that’s all we really wanted.
I mean I get to spend the rest of my life with this Stud! 😍 That’s all I cared about.
I will leave you with one piece of advice if you’re newlyweds or engaged! Read The Five Love Languages. It will help you understand what your partner needs, and what you need from your partner!
Today I wanted to share some of my favorite sweet wines! I used to think I wasn’t a wine drinker, but once I found ones I liked that quickly changed. I’m not a fan of bitter or dry wines. So if you are in the same boat and are wanting to try some sweet wines you’re in the right place! All of these wines are also reasonably priced- they’re all under $20.
Innocent Bystander Moscato. This is one of my favorites, but unfortunately it’s hard to find. I was able to find it in a Liquor Store in Colorado Springs, and even they didn’t have it in stock all the time. Fun Fact- this was a gift we received from our wedding, and that’s how I found it!
Castillo Del Poggio Moscato. Good news if this wine is very easy to find. I’ve seen this in liquor stores, Target, and Food Lion. This also comes in a Rose that I think is pretty sweet, and good as well.
Cavit Moscato. I believe this is the cheapest of my favorites at $8-$9. Unfortunately I’ve only been able to find this in the Military Exchange in Colorado Springs. I know it has to be at other stores, but so far I haven’t been able to find it elsewhere.
Roscato Sweet Red. This is a good sweet red wine. It’s not dry at all. I’ve found this at many stores as well.
Mia Dolce Moscato d’Asti. This is probably my favorite wine of all time. This is always my go to wine. I’ve found this one at the Military Exchange.
Stella Mia Moscato d’Asti. This one is similar to the one above. This one I’ve only been able to find at Kroger.
Let me know what your favorite wine is, and if you try any of these let me know! & of course please always drink responsibly!!
Today I’m sharing my 5 favorite podcasts! I like a mix of things when I listen to podcasts. It really just depends on the mood I’m in, and how I’m feeling! I listen to all of these on Spotify just because we have a subscription, and it’s easier for me. They are also on the Podcast app for apple if you use that!
Getting Curios with Johnthan Van Ess
I. LOVE. JVN. If you watch Queer Eye then you already know who I’m talking about! Jonathan talks to different people every week and asks them questions. I stay laughing when I listen, and he always cheers me up!
I love true crime. I love this podcast because every week they’re talking about something different. One week it might be a murder the next week a disappearance. You can also follow along on their FB/ IG. They go more in depth with the episodes there, and even have episodes just for their FB fans!
This isn’t an ongoing podcast so when you finish it that it’s, but it’s a good one! I was literally driving with my mouth hanging open. You can’t make this stuff up!! lol
Call Your Girlfriend
This is a podcast for long-distance besties. They talk about all kind of topics from Pop Culture to Politics.
This is another podcast that once it’s over that’s all ya got. It’s also like the above podcast as you’re just stunned at what human beings are capable of! This is one is about a doctor here in the United States, and all of the lives he ruined.
Those are my top 5 podcast- at the moment! Whats your favorite podcast? I’m always looking for new ones to start!!
Hope you’re enjoying your summer so far! Today I wanted to share our top 5 things we must have for a beach trip with kids!
- First up is a shade tent! This is our number one priority when we head to the beach. On the beach there is 0 shade! Sun exposure can be tough on kids – heck it’s hard on me! So with our tent the kids have a place they can cool off and get away from the sun!
This is the one we have! It’s compact and super easy to put up! It also has screens on the sides to let more air in.
2. Next up a wagon! We already had this one, and it works great for the beach. It also folds up so it doesn’t take up much space in our trunk. It makes lugging everything to the beach a lot easier! There is plenty of room on the inside and pockets on the outside for extra things!
3. A cooler! This one is probably a no brainer for most parents, but just in case I added it on here. Kids love to eat – especially after playing. Snacks and drinks close to the beaches are usually overpriced, and you have to walk out to get them. If you bring your own cooler you save money and time. Two wins in my book! Another trick I’ve learned is the night before I’ll throw a couple of water bottles in the freezer instead of using ice. By the time we need water they’re melted down and drinkable.
4. Baby powder! This may come as a shock to some, but baby powder is always in our beach bag! After you leave the beach and you’re covered in sand baby powder will get the sand off of you! You just shake some into your hand and rub it on your leg or arm to get the sand off! Works like magic, and you all smell good! We buy the travel size!
5. Portable phone charger. I know for some this may sound a little high maintenance, but I love taking pictures and videos of the kids. We also like to play music while at the beach. Having your phone die stinks! So we take our portable charger so we don’t have this issue! We bought one with multiple ports so we have them if needed.
So those are our top 5 items for the beach with kids!
Let me know if you have anything to add in the comments!
Happy Tuesday Friends!
Hope you had a good weekend! I’m still trying to figure out what day it is over here! We move into our house next week so we’re busy repacking some of our stuff, and getting ready for that!
I wanted to share some of favorite shoes right now.
First up are these platform shoes by Sam Edelman. They are super comfortable! I have them in color Golden Caramel
Next are a classic! Arizona Birkenstock in black!
And last, but not least Tory Burch Miller sandals! I recently made the splurge, and I’m so glad I did. They are so well made, and go with everything! I have them in color makeup, and make sure to size up on these!
What shoes are favorite for summer?
Happy Easter Friends! 🐣🐰🌷
I know it has been a LONG time since my last blog post, and I do apologize for being M.I.A. I wanted to take some time today and give y’all a little life update on where I’ve been. So we packed up our entire house and moved our stuff to a storage unit in South Carolina. We’re currently on a waiting list for a house on base.
While we are waiting for a house the kids and I are staying with family in Virginia. Parker was able to enroll in the elementary school he was in before we left for Colorado so it’s been really good for him to see all of his old friends! While Sophia is really enjoying being around family and friends she is having a more difficult time. She’s not wanting to go to bed at night, and she’s not wanting to take her nap during the day. It breaks my heart because she’s too young to understand what is going on. She keeps asking to go back home to her bed. It’s getting easier on her, I think it’s just gonna take some more time.
So while we are here my husband is staying with his aunt in South Carolina who lives close to the base. So we really lucked out there! He’s getting used to the new area, and finding new places for us to go once we’re all together again.
It’s definitely a challenge living without my husband, but I think this was the best solution for our family. We did look into renting before we came to this conclusion, but the rental prices were just to high!
Hope you all have a great week!!